Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nest by Esther Ehrlich (book review)

Hi there, my lovely Hoodians! TodayI decided to do a book review, because why not? I chose to do the book "Nest" by Esther Ehrlich. I wasn't asked to do this or anything. All of this post is my honest opinion. Just to warn you, this is my first time doing this, so it isn't as organized as you would expect. Onward!




                   
                               via

Info And All That Jazz:

Copyright Date: September 9th, 2014

Publisher: Wendy Lamb Books

Author: Esther Ehrlich

Book Blurb: In 1972 home is a cozy nest on Cape Cod for eleven-year-old Naomi “Chirp” Orenstein, her older sister, Rachel; her psychiatrist father; and her dancer mother. But then Chirp’s mom develops symptoms of a serious disease, and everything changes. 

Chirp finds comfort in watching her beloved wild birds. She also finds a true friend in Joey, the mysterious boy who lives across the street. Together they create their own private world and come up with the perfect plan: Escape. Adventure. Discovery. 

My Thoughts:

            It was truly a charming, bittersweet, sad, dreamy, and heartwarming story. The characters were developed in a bland but beautiful way that made you love them. You were able to see clearly the most shown characters, and the less important characters' existence charmed you.
           The style of the author I found relatable, as I write somewhat similarly to it. The words flowed on the page, and her descriptions left you in awe. I loved the way she portrayed the main character. She showed the characters deepest emotions through a strange way (you'll have to read the book to know this strange way)
          The plot was somewhat hard to find, but you figure it out as you read more. It was't a very hardcore plot, as the book was mainly about emotions in a way. The most exciting events happen in the center and the very end.
         I would not suggest this book for anyone under the age of 12, as the middle of it is scary (as in really sad scary) and there is one bad word used a couple of times, Otherwise, it's clean.

Overall Rating:

Overall I thought it a filling story and would totally suggest it for anyone who loves a sad but filling story. It would be great for somebody who is looking for new, enriching book as well. 



I hope y'all enjoyed this post. It really was a good book, and I think highly of it. Have a fabulous day, Hoodians!




No comments:

Post a Comment