Tuesday, May 31, 2016

CWWC Last challenge😟

Here is my last entry, Loren. I used all twenty-seven prompts.



I stared at the blank chalkboard. I was alone in a classroom. I didn't care about that, though. I cared about that blank chalkboard. It was so bland and sad. It was full of this loneliness. I had never felt this much loneliness coming from something before. 
I got out of my seat and walked towards it. I took a deep breath in and picked up the piece of chalk sitting by it. I stared at that piece of chalk for a count of ten, fingering it slowly. I took another deep breath and lifted my hand towards the chalkboard and began to write and draw. 
Mirrors, chalk, portals, and haunted places. Those words ran through my head. I just ran over the chalkboard freely, creating the things no one could ever imagine. I needed to perfect it. I redid and redid. I stood there drawing for hours.
Tears ran down my cheeks. I had read so much I could not bear it. I could not bear the fact I could never go to those places. I could never be the people I read about. I wiped my tears away, smudging chalk all over my face. No! I thought, This is my only chance. They gave me this day to prove myself. Because I will go to those places. I will be those people. I just have to try harder then I have ever before. 
So I drew stars. Millions of them. All over that chalkboard. I then drew jars. I drew maps with lands no one had ever heard about. I drew borders that were so dangerous, if someone went past them, they would face a brutal, ruthless, cunning, brave beast. I drew water filled with night sky constellations I had made up on the spot. I drew boxes full of bad memories that would leave you scarred. I drew fairies and butterflies. I drew archers that were so stealthy and brave that no one would dare challenge them. I drew mirrors that would lead to fantastic worlds. But most of all, I drew stars.
I stepped back and admired it all. I then closed my eyes and wished harder than I had ever wished before. When I opened them, I gasped. Pain rocked my body. It felt like I was being crushed by hundreds of stones, but then it became light. 
Sun blinded me, but I soon adjusted. And when I did, I screamed in terror. I was in a graveyard bordering a forest with mountain high trees. Huge ghosts slowly lumbered towards me. I took off running down the gravel path I was on.
I needed to find the jar. I looked around me. Those ghosts were coming towards me incredibly fast. I saw something glimmer in the sun and grinned for just a moment. I grabbed the jar and immediately light surrounded me.
I appeared in another cemetery, but this time, with mourners. The grave they stood at a grave that read HERE LIES A MAN WHO WAS NOT OF THIS EARTH. I had created this scene in my notebook one day. I gasped and stepped back. No, no, no. I hated this story. I had created it to scare its readers. I never wanted to be in it though. I had to leave, but the jar could be in only one place. I ran towards the house. It was a very large dreary house. It looked like it could be haunted, but that was because i stopped at the door. The words THE WORLD ISN'T SAFE ANYMORE. I quickly unlocked all the padlocks, as I was the only one who knew how. When I swung open the door, three little girls stared at me from their seats on the staircase. They gazed at me, their eyes wide. 
"You can't go through the door," one of them said, "It is the border. You are stuck here."
"Only I can enter and leave." I replied hurriedly. "Move, I need to get up."
The girls scoot over. I surprised up the stairs and entered the first door. In the room I saw a girl picking up the newspaper.
"No!" I screamed. I snatched up the paper in her hands and tore it to pieces.
The girl exclaimed, "What did you do! I needed to know who is-"
"Missing?" I retorted. "I just changed your fate. The border is open. Leave while you can. 
I scuttled to the far corner and picked up the glimmering jar. As soon as I touched I knew which story I would travel to next.
I appeared in a lake filled with stars. I was knee deep in constellations. The moons were bright, as well as the stars. I breathed in the fresh air. Comfort and freedom at last. I quickly shook off that feelings. It was fake. This place was supposed to make you feel that way. To confuse your thoughts and make you stay here forever. Just standing in the water and playing with constellations. I looked over my shoulder to see those two girls playing in the water. Their fairy wings glowed against the stars. Leave, you want to leave! I thought. This was my story, and I controlled it. I heard one them telling the other to leave tonight. After that I reached my hand and touched the next jar. 
I appeared on the ground. It was raining, and I was supporting myself on a log above a creek. I looked up and saw the dragon, the girl, the sign, and the butterflies. All there. I grinned and jumped up. I ran towards everything and touched it. I'd always wanted to visit this story. But I had to leave, so I took a quick look of my surroundings. The butterflies fluttered around my face as I walked towards the dragon and the girl. The dragons silver scales shimmered wet in the rain. The next jar was on its back. I ran towards the dragon before it could react. I stretched out my arm and barely skimmed the surface of the last jar.
I landed on the ground with ice and glass surrounding me. I looked up and spit out an ice shard. 
"Lemme guess, you can't help me," a choked up voice said.
I stared at the girl that Marshall, no me, tied up. "I'm sorry this happened, but I have to go. I'm sorry this is my fault. I'm sorry I can't help you," I said. I stood up briskly and ran down the dark alley as she called out my name. Hoping I would hear. Hoping I could care. All of a sudden I stopped and yelled at her, "You know who I am. Use your fire! Think of fire! Then you'll be your own hero!" I then bumped into someone.
"Zenna."
"Eric!" And I hugged him under the stars.
 





I gotta go! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment