Wednesday, May 4, 2016

CWWC challenge #1

Yup! That's right! It's CWWC time! I didn't have a blog last time I did CWWC, so, here is your amazing chance to read my awesome stories! GO TEAM HALF-BLOOD! I used all three prompts.




I looked at the clock. Ten more seconds. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Riiiiiiiiiiiing! I leaped out of my chair and stuffed everything in my backpack as fast as I could. I ran the entire way home, flung my backpack in a chair, ran up the stairs, and slammed my bedroom door shut behind me. I steadied my breathing from my run and turned on my fan to keep me cool. Then I slowly walked to my mirror.
"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, show me the land behind it all," I muttered. I brushed my hand across the glass, but instead of a smooth glassy surface, the mirror rippled like water. My reflection blurred and fogged, and the mirror no longer showed me my appearance.
In front of me I saw a captivating world. There were rushing water falls and beautiful trees that you could never imagine. Mist rose up from the ground and in the middle of it all was a bridge. On the bridge sat a girl reading a book. And beside her sat a beautiful dragon. It had luminescent silver scales. Whenever it moved it shimmered to a aesthetic blue-green color. It had long swirly spikes coming of of it. And it's eyes. It's eyes were the most beautiful thing in the world. You couldn't tell their color. They seemed to change every time you looked away, but it had such sweet softness in them.
I wanted ever so much to just reach my hand and touch this creature. I wanted to feel it's icy smooth scales again. Why had they made me leave that wonderful world filled with magic and dreams? I would never be able to go back. No! I will go back! I thought, I will see my dragon again. 
I made up my mind. I slowly and carefully reached my hand out. I touched the rippling glass and the tips of my fingers seemed to melt against the surface. I continued to reach further in. The cool liquid in the mirror surrounded my arm, making me shiver. The liquid reached my shoulder, and I stepped into the abyss.
I was immersed in ice, frozen in time. I couldn't breathe or feel anything. The sensation passed, and I collapsed on to the ground. At first I had no feeling, but soon I regained my consciousness. I lifted my head wearily and gazed intently at the slowly melting ice surrounding me.
I sat up and propped myself up against a tree. I was here. I was home, but something was missing. I stood up abruptly. The Ferrymen. They would feel my presence soon. I would have to leave. But first, I was going to see my dragon. I didn't care that I had been banished. I had to see my dragon. I ran. 
I had no ida how long I had been running, but finally I reached a familiar clearing. In front of me was that bridge. The bridge I had sat on with my dragon every day. The bridge I had read to her on. When I had been banished I had thought I had heard her whisper, "I will wait Natasha. I will wait faithfully waiting for your return. I will stay on our bridge, forever waiting."
I looked at the withering bridge covered in vines and roses. It's decaying wood was just as gray and withered as it had been. but something was missing. My dragon wasn't there. I fell to my knees, and blinked back my icy tears. My dragon was gone. They had taken her. And I would never see her again. Ever.  



I hope you enjoyed!



1 comment:

  1. Great story Danielle! I really enjoyed reading! Go Team Half Blood!!

    ReplyDelete