Wednesday, May 18, 2016

CWWC challenge #5

Here's mine for category 5. I used four prompts. Sorry it's late Loren!



Hi. I'm Devin. I just turned eight. I like whittling, reading, and writing. I live in an orphanage, and this is my journal. I don't call it a diary. That's a girly thing.
Today, the weirdest thing happened. Our orphanage is old and dilapidated, but the orphanage ladies are really nice. Before my parents died, I would read big, fat books about children who lived in big drab orphanages. I thought all orphanages were like that, until I moved to this one. The ladies who run this place try to make it as nice as possible, but that's kinda hard since we don't get a lot of funding.
I'm straying from the point. Today I was going to the staircase, but the Wilbur sisters were blocking me. "Can you move?" I asked.
Emily, the one in the middle looked at me. I think she's pretty. She's ten, two years older then me. I like how that little curly brown strand of hair is always covering a bit of her face. Her eyes are this really pretty luminous green. They remind me of a lush grassy meadow. She's really nice to me.
She smiled, making me blush, and said, "Sure." She scooted over, squishing her little sister, Lauren.
"Ow!" Lauren said. 
I quickly rushed past so that Emily wouldn't have to sit in discomfort for too long. When I got to my dorm room I gasped. Someone had put a billion padlocks on it. Along with it, they carved the words "THE WORLDS NOT SAFE ANYMORE." I stared at it for a long time, and then I tried my doorknob. Locked. I tried my best tinkering with the padlocks. I had no luck. In fact, that was probably the most wasted ten minutes of my eight years. That's when I saw the note. I grabbed it, hoping it would have some sort of instructions on how to open the door. It read, "It is cunning, it is brave, it is brutal, it is relentless. And it is hunting you. Stray past the border if you value your life. You will be safe there. Once again, the world isn't safe anymore."
I gazed at the note, rereading it over and over again. They couldn't mean the border. No one ever comes back if they stray past the border; what lies beyond is unknown. This had to be some sick joke. I mean, like, seriously? Did they really expect me to believe this? But some part of my mind told me this wasn't a joke. I decided it was better to be safe than sorry. I rushed back down the stairs.
"Woah!" Someone said, grabbing my arm. I spun around. Oh man, I thought, I'm never washing this shirt again. Emily had grabbed my arm. She looked really pretty at the moment, even if she had dirt smudged all over her face. "Where are you going?" She asked.
"Uhh," I paused, afraid she would make fun, "Past the border."
Her eyes widened as she let go of my arm. "They know," She whispered. "Come on." She grabbed my arm again and ran down the stairs. We burst out the front door, and some big sparkly wings just popped out of her back. 
"Wha-!?" 
"I'll explain later!" And we set flight. 
I'm eight. This was the biggest, most awesomest, amazing moment in my entire life! I mean, like, seriously! We were FLYING! "Woo Hoo!" I yelled.
"I wouldn't get excited if I were you. We're still in danger." Emily yelled over the wind.
Then we crossed the border and I realized why no one had ever come back. It was paradise.


Hope you enjoyed!











1 comment:

  1. That was really good! I loved it! :) Great job... even if you're not on my team. ;)

    <3 Zielle <3
    www.myhomeschoolnotebook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete