Saturday, May 28, 2016

CWWC #8

I'm so sorry I didn't get this up yesterday ! I completely forgot! I hope you enjoy.




Don't blame me! It was Cara's idea! And it's not our fault we were bored. Blame life!

Cara and I sat in our Grandmother's huge living room. It was rather plush and comfortable, with its scented candles and such fluffy couches that you sank 6 inches before you could sit properly.
"Soooo . . ." I said with a yawn, "What do you wanna do?"
Cara shrugged, "Don't ask me! Your the one who has ideas."
"Paint?"
"Nah, we already did that." She gestured with her hand to the slowly drying paintings sitting on a nearby table.
"Draw?"
"Isn't that practically the same thing?"
"Yeah. How 'bout tag?"
"We literally spent the half the morning riding bikes as fast as we could. My legs feel like noodles now! Do you think I could run?" She retorted.
"You have a point." I reclined on the couch I was sitting on and moaned, "I'm so board."
Cara lay face down on her couch. "Mftf," she said in a muffled voice.
I sat up. "What?" I asked. "I couldn't understand a word you just said."
She turned her head and pronounced each syllable, "Me-too."
"Oh," I said and flopped back down. "You got any ideas yet?"
"No, "came the muffled reply. All of a sudden Cara sat up and exclaimed, "Wait! I do!"
I sat up too. "What! I would do anything to get out of this boring mood!"
"What if," she paused to add affect, "We went into the basement."
I sat and stared at Cara. "Ok." We were told to not to go there, but c'mon! I was bored. 
We tiptoed to the dusty door. I was pretty sure it would lead to dusty stairs, which would lead to a dusty room, which would lead us to the dust monster! Just kidding, though most of that was probably be true.
"You open it," I said.
Cara raised an eyebrow and replied, "I think you should."
"Nah, I'm good."
Cara rolled her eyes and placed her hand on the doorknob. She turned it very slowly, most likely to add affect. The door creaked open laggardly. Cara grinned, "I think you should go in first since I opened the door."
I sighed. "Fine." I pushed past her and placidly walked in, careful not to creak any floorboards. The basement was nowhere near my predictions. "Wow," I murmured.
"What?" Cara's voice said behind me.
"Come here!" I said excitedly, "This place is so cool."
Cara pushed her way past the door and repeated, "What?" And then a, "Oh. Woah. I did not expect this."
All I could manage is, "Mhm." 
The basement was not anywhere near dusty and old. It had white walls that looked freshly painted. One wall was inhabited with a hundred books. And those weren't dusty and senescent either. Another wall was dwelled in by a turquoise desk with little things that looked like writing tools. There were pencils, pens, stacks of paper, a laptop, a bulletin board with what looked like story plots on it, and a lamp. The third wall was had an easel with paintbrushes sitting against it, empty canvases stacked in the corner, and paintings hanging on the wall. My favorite was the wall with a really tall white shelf filled with jars. They weren't empty though. They  had what looked like constellations filling them. In the middle of it all was a huge, fluffy, green carpet.
"Look, the bottles have something written on them," Cara said, pulling me out of my wonder.
I asked, "What do you mean?" I walked up to the bottles. After I focused, I did indeed see little writing on it. I'll take you to places you've never seen. All you have to do is drink me. But beware, you'll only be there, for sixty seconds time. I hope you understand this rhyme.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I thought aloud.
Cara shrugged. "It's kinda like Alice in Wonderland, you know. Like, when that bottle said, drink me. And when she did she shrank." Cara's expression brightened. "What if we shrink when we drink it?" She asked.
"That would be cool, but what if it's poison?" I said.
"Who would make a colorful poison?"
"I dunno. Snape from Harry Potter? Looks can be deceiving."
Cara sighed and put her hands on my shoulders. "Look, Paige. Look me in the eye." She  said with fake seriousness. Narrowing her eyes she continued, "I'll go get the Barbie clothes." She ran upstairs giggling. 
Yup, my grandma has Barbies. A lot. And a lot of clothes to go with them. It's for the grandkids to play with, since she has mostly girl grandkids.
Cara returned. "I got several pairs." She laid them out on the carpet. I chose out the clothes I always wanted for myself. A mint green tank top, a leather jacket, and white capris.
Cara chose an olive green crop top,(She said that there was only one tank top, and there were no short sleeve tops or t-shirts) denim shorts, and a denim jacket. "We can go without shoes," she said. She decided to go see one more time if there was a tank top, and luckily, she found one. We aren't allowed to wear crop tops or mini shorts. It was fine with us. I've tried them on, they were really uncomfortable.
  "Alright," I said. We decided to hold the clothes, so we wouldn't have to crawl around. "Do we drink a sip or what? And which do we drink? They all say the same thing."
"If they all say the same thing, we just drink whichever, but let's drink from the same one just in case." Cara replied.
"Ok, let's do the dark blue one that looks like the actual night sky."
"Fine by me."
I grabbed the one we chose and uncapped it. I poured a little bit in my hand, and then some in Cara's.
"It's kinda like hand sanitizer." Cara stated.
I agreed, "Yeah, on three. One, two, three."
As soon as we drank it the world started to spin. I couldn't say anything though. I felt like I was being stretched into a billion pieces. When the spinning subsided, we had indeed shrunk (instead of the Barbie clothes, we wore white dresses that billowed around our knees). But we weren't in the basement anymore. 
We were on some sort of building. It was tall, and it seemed to tower above everything. It had billions of stars circling it, and it was placed on a beach. When I looked closer, I realized some of the stars were butterflies. 
Cara gasped, "Paige, look! You have fairy wings!" 
I looked behind me, and sure enough, large, night sky blue, silvery, sparkly butterfly wings protruded from my back. When I looked at Cara I grinned. "You do too!" Hers were a transparent rainbow pattern. 
Cara looked behind her and pouted. "I like yours better. They remind me of the night sky. I wonder if we can fly with them."
I took a deep breath of night air. It was so fresh, and it smelled so nice. Up here I felt like I could do anything. Up her I felt like I was free.
I took a running start and jumped off the building with Cara calling after me. I spread my arms and willed my wings to flap. It worked. "I'm flying!" I yelled excitedly. I carefully landed by the water and yelled at Cara to follow. She tried and successfully landed next to me.
"That's not as hard as I though it would be, but I think you did better."
I rolled my eyes, "You did fine. Let's go play in the waves."
We jumped around, splashing each other and screaming delightfully. The stars and cool breeze circled us. All to soon, though, the world began to spin and I found me and Cara once again in the basement.
I giggled and commented, "That was fun, but this time, let's do a different bottle, for we shall never be bored again."




I used 5 prompts, Loren.

No comments:

Post a Comment